Book launch – Health systems performance assessment: a framework for policy analysis
The World Health Organization, UHC2030, the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies, and the UHC Partnership invite you to the launch of the book ‘Health system performance assessment: a framework for policy analysis’ which introduces a new conceptual framework for health system performance assessment.
This framework links the performance of the four health system functions - financing, resource generation, governance and service delivery - to intermediate and final health system goals. By doing so, this framework helps policy-makers to identify possible origins of poor performance and the impact of health care system bottlenecks on health improvement, people-centeredness, financial protection, efficiency, and equity of the health system.
This virtual event will bring together high-level country health decision-makers and international health system strengthening experts to reflect on the political relevance of the framework.
Panelists will discuss the strategic application of performance assessments in policy- and decision-making processes targeted at achieving universal health coverage.
- Zsuzsanna Jakab, Deputy Director-General, WHO
- Natasha Azzopardi-Muscat, Director, Country Health Polices and Systems, WHO EURO
- Irene Papanicolas, Associate Professor, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Maria Begoña Yarza, Minister of Health of Chile
- Ian Gooding Edghill, Minister of Health and Wellness of Barbados
- Awad Mataria, Director, Universal Health Coverage & Health systems, EMRO
- Gerard Schmets, Deputy Director, Primary Health Care Special Programme
- Josep Figueras, Director, European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
- Tessa Tan-Torres Edejer, Acting Director, Health Systems Governance and Financing, WHO
Register today at the following link: https://who.zoom.us/webinar/register/
Download the HSPA framework at the following link: https://apps.who.int/